The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / 77's Foolish House of Pigskin

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/7-on-the-plus-side-it-looks-like-someone-in-21299043.aspx

Subject:  Re: Early returns Date:  9/13/2004  8:38 AM
Author:  patchdodd Number:  26802 of 95866

7. On the plus side, it looks like someone in Cleveland was trying to make me some money yesterday.

Sep 12 @ CLE L 3-20 49.3 22 38 191 5.0 24 2 0

Yeah I was on the Boller watch yesterday too. Flipped back and forth between the Ravens and Lions game. At least Boller looked efficient.

Missed most of the late games and didn't watch last night's game. My notes:

1) Jamal Lewis is a mere mortal. Yeah the Browns 4-4 had a lot to do with it but he wouldn't have done much better against a 4-3.

2) Chuck Rogers, most likely out for the year. Again. I'm thinking that when the Lions drafted Williams they knew something about the injury and were hedging.

3) I was a little down on Williams' prospects for the year im preseason because he wasn't looking spectacular - good, but not spectacular - and because the Lions didn't need him to be the guy. Now they need him to be the guy and he stepped up. Anybody see his one handed catch in traffic? Yikes! Look for him to make a run at ROY.

4) Teddy Lehman, stud.

5) Kevin Jones was better than his stats. He had two or three longer runs called back for penalty. That said, look for the Lions to play RBBC as predicted. Pinner looked very good and so did Bryson. Unless Jones really steps up I doubt he will get to be the horse.

6) The Lions didn't really deserve to win, except the Bears deserved to win even less. I've never seen two teams commit more dumb penalties. Okay, I have but still it was ridiculous. At least Detroit got that monkey off their back.

7) David Terrell, idiotic tauting penalty aside, looked very good yesterday. Probably a free agent in many leagues, consider grabbing him.

8) On the other hand Grossman looked awful.

9) If you need a TE still Desmond Clark also looked pretty good.

10) Kellen Winslow, stud.

11) This is Daunte's year.

12) If Onterrio wasn't getting a vacation I'd wonder if Bennett would see meaningful time again. I'll bet that this is Bennett's last year in Minny.

13) Dallas looked disorganized which was surprising. Vinny looked okay though.

14) The Giants looked tougher than I expected. So did the Eagles.

15) I'm sort of getting that sick 'here we go again' feeling with the Lions. Except for the road victory. Man is this team snakebit or what? Rogers out for the year but at least they have decent depth behind him this time. Bly out for a month. (But once again, decent depth). I mean, yeah, eveybody gets injuries but does it have to be your best players every year? Come on!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us