The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Birds of a Feather / Resident Aliens


Subject:  Re: Hello Date:  9/22/2004  2:34 PM
Author:  HedonistiX Number:  36 of 52

If you are married to a citizen, you are automatically becoming a "CPR" (my wife also went through this phase 4 years ago).
It's not automatic. An application to adjust status is necessary.

My understanding was "adjusting status" is "from conditional (CPR) to permanent".

Which is why, if one is married to a US citizen, they are automatically a conditional permanent resident (CPR).
To get from "conditional" to "permanent" is not automatic.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us