The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / FrontPage Forum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hey-ron-i-have-a-web-site-that-has-been-built-21368974.aspx

Subject:  Re: Opinions wanted Date:  9/27/2004  11:42 PM
Author:  blford Number:  336 of 344

Hey Ron,

I have a web site that has been built piece-meal.

That figures.

Some of the pages seem to be residing on a unix server running apache that i can access (about 30%). The remainder seem to reside on a NT server that I have no idea how it works.

Oww! Yuck! Crap!

Is there any way you can try to Copy & Paste the various pages into one program (such as FP or 1stPage2000)? It should all be together on one web server, as it seems you already know.

My suggestion is to backup everything and recreate from scratch. My boss tells me no.

Well, if you need help convincing him that you're dealing with a serious mess that could easily take 3, 4, or more times the length of time required instead of starting from scratch, copy these messages and show them to him. I would not want to repair a web site like this myself...I'd much rather start over.

Is it possible that we can see the site to give you advice about what might or might not be fixable?

ßillƒ
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us