The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Question about funding a Roth IRA Date:  10/1/2004  6:56 PM
Author:  buzman Number:  42545 of 87978

Yes it is legal. As long as you had $3500 in earned income.

Yes it makes sense. The funds in the taxable account will generate taxable income. Qualified withdrawals from a Roth will not, nor do earnings on funds inside a Roth.


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us