The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-about-midway-through-my-two-month-trial-i-21466136.aspx

Subject:  Re: FICO Score Date:  10/19/2004  1:35 AM
Author:  JonABQ Number:  191227 of 308881

I'm about midway through my two-month trial. I started the trial with the idea of monitoring the effects of various actions on my credit score so I've been keeping a spreadsheet. There's a lag between the time a statement period ends and the time the new balance appears on the report, but the reports do update frequently.

I think this is more a function of the credit bureau than of any practice of PrivacyGuard. In my case, anyway, the Equifax report changes only weekly while Experian & TransUnion can change daily. It stands to reason that if people have few active accounts, they will see few changes. Also, some creditors are slower than others; for example, it took two months after my student loan consolidation was processed before a single bureau showed the changes.

IMO it's definitely worth the $1, especially if someone is looking for an accurate, inexpensive credit report.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us