The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Contribution Timing Question Date:  12/21/2004  3:17 PM
Author:  IndecisiveFool Number:  43667 of 88051

Note that this overlap means that when there is overlap (i.e. between 1/1 and 4/15 in any given year) you should first contribute for the previous tax year if you haven't already contributed it to the maximum. One exception to that is if you didn't qualify to contribute in the previous year but expect to qualify in the current year.

When you contribute during this time period, be sure to tell your Roth custodian that it is for the previous year. Note that fact on your check.


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us