The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Mastering Quicken

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-need-to-enter-the-password-on-the-desktop-21826969.aspx

Subject:  Re: Enter password? What CRAP Date:  12/29/2004  7:11 PM
Author:  KennyO Number:  5629 of 10320

I need to enter the password on the desktop.

Which software is password protected? The title bar of the password dialog box usually shows which program is demanding a password. Often when password protection is provided in applications it can be bypassed by changing it to a blank password field. That's the case in Quickbooks, though you still have to hit the enter key, so that wouldn't solve your problem; I've never tried passwords in Quicken.(Unless you state otherwise I'll assume that your desktop is already open when you press the Hot Sync button and/or that your OS isn't configured to require a password.)

Landware says talk to intuit and intuit says talk to landware.

This is on my short list of favorites "help" responses. I take it that neither one helped you determine exactly which application was demanding the password.

Scott Cook and all his minions should be condemned for all eternity to use their own products.

KennyO
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us