The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/cube-regarding-your-first-post-in-this-thread-i-21828464.aspx

Subject:  Re: S.O.S. MOTLEY FOOL STAFF Date:  12/30/2004  1:06 AM
Author:  kh Number:  75067 of 121585

Cube,

Regarding your first post in this thread, I don't think you have anything to apologize about at all.

Fortunately, you did get a few thoughtful replies from experienced professionals who have the good sense to overlook a few carelessly-chosen words and understand that your question is legit and will be of interest to many taxpayers who seek to avoid taxes on real estate transactions in, as you plainly state, a completely legal manner.

As sometimes happens, some board members have chimed in with statements and opinions that only occasionally address the question at hand. These posts are from unlicensed amateurs or from people with an agenda. To be sure, it is annoying to see lots of recs given to replies like these. But I take some comfort in knowing that in the real world, there is a good way to deal with this nonsense. I know if my CPA responded to questions concerning ways to reduce my tax bill by laying a bunch of tripe on me such as “stop complaining” and “just be grateful for your gains,” I would fire him on the spot.

kh

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us