The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/in-the-days-of-peter-lynch-fidelity-was-as-21847544.aspx

Subject:  Re: Fidelity ? Date:  1/3/2005  9:13 AM
Author:  2old4bs Number:  43838 of 76115

In the days of Peter Lynch, Fidelity was as outstanding achiever. Now performance seems medicore.

My core holdings are index funds held in my 401K and taxable account at Vanguard. But I also have accounts at Fidelity and use these to supplement my core holdings with actively managed funds. I've been very happy with the 2004 performance of:

FRESX 24.6%
FDVLX 14.8%
FSMEX 16.9%
FISMX 24.7%

These percentages represent the increase in NAV only, dividends are not included, but would increase the percentages above.

I am also happy with the return in my Fidelity annuity account of 17.34%, mostly due to emerging market and REIT holdings.

I am less impressed with FAERX (12.48%), which I was stuck with to form my large-cap foreign core in my 401K. The 401K is today dropping FAERX and replacing it with an index fund that tracks the MSCI EAFE Index (18.42%)--me happy!

2old

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us