The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: no retirement plan via employer Date:  1/12/2005  12:06 AM
Author:  Mark0Young Number:  43989 of 88786

my new position is contractual

Does that mean that your income is now 1099 instead of W-2, so now you would be using Schedule C for self-employment income? If so, there are probably options that an employee doesn't have. However, since I have always been a W-2 employee, I haven't researched the options, just seen them mention in passing.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us