The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Retroactive 401(k) Contributions? Date:  1/14/2005  2:12 PM
Author:  NHDad920 Number:  44035 of 88520

Contributing further to the 401K is not an option.

However, on a related note, do you really want that money staying in that 401K? You can roll it all into a Rollover IRA and typically have almost any investment option open to you, as opposed to the limited selection in most 401Ks. This doesnt help in your goal to reduce your taxable income for 2004 but is something you might want to consider anyway.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us