The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-think-everyone-knows-about-the-financial-issues-21923051.aspx

Subject:  Re: seeking secrets of a happy retirement Date:  1/17/2005  5:04 PM
Author:  TheBadger Number:  44088 of 76084

I think everyone knows about the financial issues: save, save some more; take care of health insurance; wills, living trusts, etc, etc. I would like to focus on the non-financial side of (early) retirement for just a moment; best phrased: WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH 50 - 60 EXTRA HOURS PER WEEK?

I would suggest to your readership that there are 100; maybe 1000 good answers. Conversely, I can only think of one wrong answer: "I dunno".

In my particular case; and therefore my answers are particular to me only: I upped my vacations from one (occassionally) per year to 3 - 4 per year; I sold my business but stayed in the business in a different and much more narrow field of practice and only work when the weather is bad; I got my ski days up from 5 to 25 per year; I got my annual hours of motorcycle riding up from maybe 100 to approximately 600 per year; and the list goes on and on to the point where "I'm busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest --- therefore I could not possibly go to work as I don't have enough time".

TheBadger

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us