The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotloki-just-for-clarity-i-was-barbing-you-21958245.aspx

Subject:  Re: Ladder CD's? Date:  1/24/2005  5:17 PM
Author:  Lokicious Number:  11701 of 36327

"Loki, just for clarity, I was barbing you for having an association with a neocon, not about draft avoidance."

Keith,

I know you're kidding. I'm not in a joking mood on this issue, however. My wife spent some time last week with a friend of hers for the first time since the friend's son was killed in Iraq, over a year ago. We all feel that, other than photo ops and damage control, the neocons frankly don't give a damn about the men and women fighting their wars. (I think Bush , unlike Chaney, Rumsfeld, Rove, Wolfowitz, Perle, and others, does personally care, when he goes on his photo ops, but he has the attention span of a flea and operates in an information bubble where he doesn't have to know about financial straights of families, combat disorders, disabilities of the wounded, etc.) Rumsfeld would much prefer high productivity warfare, where you don't have to pay labor costs (let alone pensions), and he doesn't react very well when reality just isn't as clean and easy as war games.

"This is the patent ago of new inventions/ For killing bodies, and for saving souls/ All propogated with the best intentions" (Byron, by way of Grahame Greene's The Quiet American, 1955, about neocons).

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us