The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  MSFT special dividend tax treatment Date:  2/2/2005  10:48 PM
Author:  Jacabardo Number:  76097 of 127623

Hi all,

I'm sure this topic has already been covered here but I couldn't find the thread so excuse me if this is redundant. I was wondering how the MSFT special dividend is treated on my tax return. Can I use a 1040EZ, or must I use a 1040A or something else? I only had about 25 shares at the time but I'm sure I need to report this dividend.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us