The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: College Savings for Kids? Date:  2/8/2005  3:39 PM
Author:  investinginstuff Number:  44393 of 88498


Congrats on your situation. It is always nice to be able to plan ahead.

You can start a 529 now. I'm pretty sure you can name yourself or your future husband as beneficiary. Then, if you do end up having kids, you can change the beneficiary. If you don't end up with kids, you could name a relative as beneficiary or simply use it for yourself of close the account and pay the penalties and keep the money for yourself.

Vanguard is a trusted name, associated with low expenses. If you are a resident of the state of Colorado, I would go with them.

Best of luck!

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us