The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Books & Writing / Getting Things Done

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/questions-from-a-new-gtd-convert-22046333.aspx

Subject:  questions from a new GTD convert Date:  2/10/2005  11:15 AM
Author:  steinbergm Number:  33 of 45

I just started readin GTD and think it seems great! I've changed my Outlook task categories and am finding his suggestions incredibly helpful. I just ordered a Brother label maker and will start labeling away shortly!

Here are my questions:

1. How do you organize files without hanging folders as D.A. suggests? I just can't envision this. For example how would you handle the following situation without hanging folders?: I currently keep a hanging file labeled "Travel" where I keep receipts and other information from trips I make for work. Within that hanging file, I keep manilla folders with the date and city of the trip I took or will soon take.

2. What types of "paper holding trays" do you find work best for you? On page 92, he says "The most functional trays are the side-facing letter or legal stackable kinds..." Does this mean something that keeps the papers perpendicular to your desk rather than parallel?

Thanks for your help and any suggestions. I'm less than halfway through the book, but am really enthusiastic about the potential!

thanks,
m
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us