The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Relationships / Widows/Widowers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/memorial-22219382.aspx

Subject:  Memorial Date:  3/16/2005  11:56 PM
Author:  czarinav Number:  206 of 274

You may recall that my husband died in November, and that I had been widowed previously. The first time I felt called to create a physical memorial to my husband. I had three sturdy benches built and had them installed
in different locations on an island that he loved and where we had vacationed for years. On each, I put a different brass plaque with special words either about him, or words that he loved. (After that, I have not returned there.)

Now, I am considering another memorial. This time it will probably be a fountain, hopefully powered by a solar panel on the premises of the church where we met and where we were active. DH was an artist, was intrigued by fountains and had wanted to have one on the church property. It is my intention to have his ashes buried there.

Doing/planning this makes me feel better because I want to share the fact of their lives with others, in a more lasting way than the period during which they lived.

If anyone here has done, or considered doing something like this I would be interested in your experience. When I think about my plan to do this, I am aware that we did not have children together......... Had it been otherwise, perhaps my memorial would be different.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us