The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-agree-with-cavegirl-a-time-i-wouldnt-have-but-22242134.aspx

Subject:  Re: One spouse files bankruptcy Date:  3/21/2005  11:07 PM
Author:  Milligram46 Number:  200558 of 308688

I agree with CaveGirl - a time I wouldn't have but I do in this case from personal experience. ANYTHING is better than zero. I wouldn't recommend McDonalds, probably not good for the ego if he is feeling low. But getting back to work would do wonders for the spirit. He may be elgible for education and worker retraining. If he was in high-tech sectors the Federal Government has opened up (quietly) funding that would have gone for NAFTA factory worker retraining to certain technical and marketing segments. I was eligible and was considering nursing as a route - Uncle Sam was going to pay all four years, student loans and bill roulette for four years.

Getting back into the job force should help with his spirits. I also agree that if you've given one bail out package already - your options are kind of limited - but filing for a BK - I wouldn't do it.

I have what is probably a painful LBYM recommendation, ditch the personal trainer - that's $300 a month you shouldn't be spending if you're thinking about a BK...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us