The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/new-income-advisor-letter-from-b-brinker-22367059.aspx

Subject:  New Income Advisor letter from B. Brinker Date:  4/17/2005  3:10 PM
Author:  math999man Number:  12325 of 35387

I am sure you all have heard of Bob Brinker and his MARKETTIMER newsletter. I have been relatively happy with the advice he offers in the past.

I just received a free issue of the new Brinker Fixed Income Advisor newsletter (www.brinkeradvisor.com). I am not into fixed income investing to any great extent - but just post this here to some who maybe interested.

In reading it - I found it not too helpful since most of the information can be taken from the Treasury web page anyway. I was also disappointed that the newsletter did not even mention about the new method used to determine EE interest rates. I provided them some feedback regarding this -

"In reading your letter, I found that it contained very little real content of use to a new fixed income investor (such as myself). Most of the information I can easily dig up from the Treasury site.

One area that I would have thought your letter would address was the new method the Treasury was going to set EE interest rates after May 1, 2005. I would have found some comment on this event of importance and I am sure of great interest to your other readers. This topic would have been great relevance to your letter. Some discussion would have provided the editors with an opportunity to show the value in receiving a letter such as this - especially to individuals who do not know about the new method of setting rates on EE bonds.

Hope you take this email in the spirit in which it is offered - I am only trying to offer some first hand comments and feedback."

Disclosure - I have no interest in promoting Brinker products - just thinking others may have some interest.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us