The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks L / Lakeland Industries, Inc.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ill-give-you-reasons-lakeland-has-moved-22371222.aspx

Subject:  Re: $13.75? Date:  4/18/2005  3:45 PM
Author:  emsarah Number:  37 of 55

I'll give you reasons. Lakeland has moved production to China.The US is talking about imposing a 25% duty on goods from China to reduce the trade imbalance etc. In todays,USA economic climate meeting targets is just not good enough. Companies get dropped quickly and small companies feel a large impact. Good logical reasons but probably not the right ones. In my previous mail I wrote about how dismayed I am by Lakeland's blindspots as reflected on their web-site. But this is just part of America's inability to accept its own economic decay.Read the "Economist" or something else which gives a more global outlook.See how money runs from nation to nation. Watch real-estate prices rise,double in two years,in Spain ,Australia and now India. Look at the last bond prices for Ford and GM. Little Lakeland in this vast sea;who cares? They,themselves, don't even disdain to make regular press releases. My only comfort is that I don't think that they can do much worse.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us