The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Gardening and Landscaping

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-hate-it-when-a-property-is-denuded-to-build-a-22447883.aspx

Subject:  Re: Wildflowers Destroyed Date:  5/5/2005  7:08 AM
Author:  Trini209 Number:  17571 of 31081

I hate it when a property is denuded to build a new house - or for any other reason.

One of the best features of our home, at least up until last year, is that no other house was visible from our back yard or from any of our windows. Complete privacy. Last year the guy next door had all the screening of trees, bushes, brambles, and vines, cut down between his house and ours including several black cherry and locust trees. The contractor went over the boundary by 10 or 15 feet, and cut down a bunch of our stuff! Boy, were we mad. We think he was a fool to cut down his own vegetation, but OURS! I'll never know if clearing part of our property was deliberate or not.

We went over to complain and he sheepishly appologized and offered to put up a wire fence on the property line, which he promptly did.

Now his house is in plain view, and we can even see the next house down the road. I never needed curtains for privacy before. We hung a stained glass panel in front of the one of the two bedroom windows he could clearly see into.

I'm letting the brambles and vines grow back, but don't know what to do abour the lost trees. Wayside Gardens is selling their Thuga trees for $9 each, a good sale, but they come in small pots, so you know they're probably only a foot high. I need a quick, inexpensive screen, if any of you have any ideas.

Trini

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us