The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Gardening and Landscaping

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-am-sure-you-really-werent-trying-to-understand-22451422.aspx

Subject:  Re: Wildflowers Destroyed Date:  5/5/2005  5:55 PM
Author:  Jeanwa Number:  17578 of 31123

I am sure you really weren't trying to understand at all.

Quite the contrary. I would once like to see an explanation from a "tree hugger" to justify their living in the "forest" but not allowing others to do so.

An explanation for building a big house for themselves, but not wanting any logging done.

There are some people here that bought a piece of land. Then divided it and sold some off to help pay for it. They were then really upset because the people they sold it to wanted to do the same thing. It was okay for them to subdivide, but not the people following. (Neither needed changes in the zoning for that area.)

There is a couple here in town that have a big house by the river. They dammed a section to use as a swimming hole....then got all mad when the Dept of Fish said don't do it....they are also at every protest for keeping the wilderness.

I'm not saying you are like this.....maybe you live in a little mud hut or tent, and are trying to take your little corner back to "nature".

I really don't understand, and would like to.

Jean

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us