The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Gardening and Landscaping

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-owuld-like-to-see-some-facts-to-back-up-the-22452467.aspx

Subject:  Re: Wildflowers Destroyed Date:  5/5/2005  10:45 PM
Author:  zuzu70 Number:  17585 of 31082

I owuld like to see some facts to back up the comments on plat size. Most areas are going from farmland to suburbia. That means going from a large plat to a smaller one.

First, let me clarify: by plat sizes, I am referring to a residential plat size, not an agricultural plat size...maybe I should have used the term "lot size." If you are going to build 400 new houses and you want each of them to be on an acre lot, you have to chew up four 100-acre farms. If you build those same 400 new houses but each of them is on a 1/4 acre lot, you only need to chew up one 100-acre farm.

In reference to facts about plat sizes, my examples are observations in my area. I know it to be true in my area; I do not know what's happening in other parts of the country. Are you seeing residential lot sizes growing, getting smaller, or staying the same where you are?

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us