The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Gardening and Landscaping

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/in-reference-to-facts-about-plat-sizes-my-22454393.aspx

Subject:  Re: Wildflowers Destroyed Date:  5/6/2005  11:36 AM
Author:  zsimpson Number:  17598 of 31121

In reference to facts about plat sizes, my examples are observations in my area. I know it to be true in my area; I do not know what's happening in other parts of the country. Are you seeing residential lot sizes growing, getting smaller, or staying the same where you are?

I see them getting much smaller. The house we own has just under an acre and it's one of the smallest in the neighborhood, most are 2 acres. Hubby bought the house almost 30 years ago when almost everything around here was still farmland and it was REALLY considered a small lot size.

Most of the folks I know that have lived in the area less than 15 years are very envious of our lot size, even though it is comparitively small for the neighborhood. The houses I see going in all have lot sizes of a 1/4 acre and many times even smaller.

This is typical of most of the country (I did research this a few years ago, I'll try to dig up the links). Lot sizes in most of the country are getting smaller as much of the country is going from an agricultural society to a suburban society.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us