The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Gardening and Landscaping

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/we-have-a-brewing-war-between-the-quotsave-22454531.aspx

Subject:  Re: Wildflowers Destroyed Date:  5/6/2005  11:54 AM
Author:  zsimpson Number:  17600 of 30912

We have a brewing war between the "Save Rural Andover" crowd and the "Development is Good" crowd. While one side is hypocritical (I've got mine, go pound sand), the others are morons who think development for developments sake is good; that it'll lower our taxes. Yeah, that'll happen all right!

We've had the same battle going here for a while now. One of the problems with the developments going is that our schools are seriously overcrowded. A few years ago, the system built a new middle school nearby. It was literally the second largest middle school in the country, the largest was in California. The day it opened, it had trailers on the land to use as classes as it was already overcrowded.
I do not mind them doing developement, but I would like to see the amount of apartments restricted, and the plat size restricted.
Thank fully, it has become a status symbol to have enough backyad to put trees in. The seems to be slowing them down.
Kathleen
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us