The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Gardening and Landscaping

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/well-you-saw-it-and-i-didnt-i-would-only-point-22456322.aspx

Subject:  Re: Wildflowers Destroyed Date:  5/6/2005  4:32 PM
Author:  mishedlo Number:  17604 of 30906

Well you saw it and I didn't. I would only point out that he may NOT have had as much choice in positioning as you think. Many plats predetermine where the house/structure will be built. They are in my "subdivision"; each empty lot already had the house location predetermined at the time the plat was approved. But I suppose he could have gone to the local government and probably gotten the plat changed if a)he wanted to or b)he thought of it.

On a 1 acre lot you have lots of leeway.
All you have to do is honor the setbacks.
I went thru it and had to get an ordinance change to position our house where I wanted. He had a much wider lot that I have although we both have an acre. I saved about 7 trees with that change. repositioning his house could easily have saved 3-4 of the trees he lost without getting an ordinance change.

The thing I am mad at myself about is not taking more flowers before this started.

Mish
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us