The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Foolish Collective

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/one-respondent-cocomurph1-pretty-much-paid-off-22460104.aspx

Subject:  Re: What to do AFTER the house? Date:  5/8/2005  10:46 AM
Author:  cocomurph1 Number:  38264 of 46811

One respondent, cocomurph1, pretty much paid off a certain gentleman's debt that he may recall by putting it all in perspective. ( Paul )

Hi Paul!

Yes, I remember the debt...dinner/drinks at the restaurant of your choice in the greater Charleston area..... because of your excellent investment advice ( http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=21505831 ), which was in response to my "A Somewhat Random Walk Towards an Investment Strategy" post.....and it's a debt I would love to pay ( I don't consider the post I made repayment ). WOW! what a great run-on sentence....my old English teachers would love it!

Having moved around about as much as you in my life/career ( 14 cities/9 states ), I found a tremendous amount of satisfaction from finally establishing Charleston, SC as my "home base". Yes, I love to travel ( especially to see this great country up close and personal and to see good friends/family ), but after such a mobile corporate life, it was great to sit down and decide where I wanted to call "home" for the rest of my life. The monetary success I had achieved allowed me to pick anywhere I wanted. Charleston fit me perfectly for a ton of reasons I won't go into now.

I finally got a chance to put down another set of "roots" ( beyond those of my extended family in my "hometown" of Hickory, NC )..... and to develop in-depth relationships and friendships beyond work. I'm guessing that something like that will eventually be in your future.

It sounds like you and I are in the "self-actualization" phase of Maslow's "Hierarchy of Needs"....a great place to be, as it represents having earned the financial freedom from worrying about necessities.... and allows us to focus on finding out what/who we want to be for the rest of our lives.

Have fun finding the answers.....and don't forget to smile along the way!

Best regards,

Murph

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us