The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools
|Subject: Re: 5 best and 5 worst things you did.||Date: 5/13/2005 9:28 AM|
|Author: familyceo||Number: 9780 of 20226|
1) Set a before retirement budget and an after retirement budget.
2) No debt except mortgage and accelerate that if possible.
3) Replace items and pay cash. (i.e. "toys", roof, landscaping, etc.)
4) Ditto on the "inflation-indexed pension" for both of us.
5) Retired early with ability to work again if needed.
1) Could have put more bucks aside.
2) Didn't realize how much health insurance would rise each yr.
|Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|