The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/gtgt-marinated-steaks-really-are-exquisite-i-22586734.aspx

Subject:  Re: If Animals Weren't Meant To Be Eaten... Date:  6/7/2005  10:49 AM
Author:  ziggy29 Number:  238103 of 744181

>> Marinated steaks really are exquisite. I really like top sirloin marinated in Italian dressing then cooked on the grill. It's not a really expensive cut of meat, but I think it's one of the best. I even like it better than ribeye because it doesn't have as much fat. Top sirloin is normally almost half the price of ribeye or T-bone steaks. <<

I grilled a top sirloin last week that was one of the best I've ever done. I marinated it for an hour or so, then put a peppercorn-based rub on it. It was a rather thin cut, so I seared it for only about 4-5 minutes on each side and it was done (medium), with a nice pink (not red) tinge on the inside.

I didn't even have time to finish a beer while grilling these. I felt cheated. Gotta finish a beer or two while grilling. If it's not Texas law, it ought to be.

And yes, I got this cut on sale for $2.99 a pound. I bought one 14-ounce piece of meat and cut it in half as a dinner for two. Most of the other prime cuts were closer to $7 or $8.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us