The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-recently-went-to-iowa-for-a-funeral-a-standard-22588420.aspx

Subject:  Re: If Animals Weren't Meant To Be Eaten... Date:  6/7/2005  2:48 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  238169 of 744608

I recently went to Iowa for a funeral. A standard fare at hamburger stands in small towns is a fried pork loin sandwich.

You slice up a pork loin, pound it down flat, dip it in egg and flour, and fry it up! Delicious!

--Chooey

Last time I bought a whole boneless pork loin at Sam's Club it was ~ $2.05/lb. A really great deal. I can't believe how cheap they are. I make "Pork Parmigana". I cut them into little chops and pound them out and egg, flour, egg, bread crumbs, and fry, and then cover with some heated spaghetti sauce and shredded mozzarella and bake just long enough in the oven to melt the cheese. I serve it over the top of Angel Hair Pasta. My friend that owns the meat packing plant says he can't tell it from Veal.

I cut some into cubes and quickly cook in a really hot wok (peanut oil) then take them out and stir fry cubes of onion, bell pepper, little bit of garlic, red pepper, fresh ginger, then add pineapple chunks, sugar or honey, and then thicken with a little bit of corn starch. I add the cubes of pork back to it then serve over steamed white rice. I call it "Hawaiian Pork." I don't know if it's Hawaiian or not, but tastes delicious.

Then of course there's always marinated and barbecued on the grill. Slice it thick ~ 3/4" if your going to grill it because it stays juicier that way. - Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us