The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hedge-sorry-to-hear-the-news-i-have-peripheral-22589705.aspx

Subject:  Re: Where to live? Date:  6/7/2005  6:03 PM
Author:  dofitch1 Number:  9831 of 19414

Hedge,
Sorry to hear the news. I have peripheral neuropathy and filed 4 months ago for S/S disability. I'm still waiting to hear from them. After you apply, they have you come in for an interview, then send your paperwork to the state social security office. they request all of your medical records related to your disability from every doctor you've been to. You can fill out the initial paperwork on the internet. My sources say they almost automatically turn you down the first 2 times, and you have to appeal. There are lawyers who specialize in this.
When I hear from them, I'll be able to tell you more. they had me go in for a general physical with another doctor (at there expense) to determine if I really had the problem I was saying I did. In that case, the doctor for the 2nd opinion rents an office from the neurologist that made the original diagnoses.
I have heard of people getting it within 2 months, but they are few and far between. Send me a direct email if you have any other questions, and good luck. Hal
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us