The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools


Subject:  Re: Where to live? Date:  6/7/2005  10:11 PM
Author:  donnajc Number:  9833 of 20599

filed 4 months ago for S/S disability. I'm still waiting to hear from them. After you apply, they have you come in for an interview, then send your paperwork to the state social security office. they request all of your medical records related to your disability from every doctor you've been to. You can fill out the initial paperwork on the internet. My sources say they almost automatically turn you down the first 2 times, and you have to appeal. There are lawyers who specialize in this.

My husbands worker comp lawyer had him go down and fill for SSD about 2 months ago. He was able to work for about 4 years after his accident. Our lawyer in Ohio also told him he would be turned down 2 times and it would take about a 1 1/2 years to get it. His fee is regulated by law.

We are still waiting for them to send him to a doctor. They will most like just send us more paper work which drives my husband crazy. He had a serious head injury and paper work really bothers him. So they really help alot.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us