The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-know-not-long-ago-i-read-an-article-on-the-22641588.aspx

Subject:  Re: Where to live? Date:  6/19/2005  1:08 PM
Author:  Trish114 Number:  9861 of 19414

You know, not long ago I read an article on the best place in the nation to retire that was written on cnn.money. It's chosen place was Jacksonville FL. Having grown up in FL myself and a current resident of Charleston SC I can understand why JAX was chosen. The cost of living is great. There are no personal property taxes except housing. Here personal property taxes include cars, boats and housing. Florida is one of three (I think it's three) states that does not have income tax, but I suppose if you're retired, that isn't something you need to take into account. The climate is nice there and JAX is an all round nice place. Suggest you do some cost of living comparisons. Several websites (Bankrate maybe) have these calculators and you can input where you live now and where you what city you are interested in and the calcultor will tell you how much it will cost to live there based on your current financial information. Good Luck.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us