The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thank-you-for-your-post-murray-congratulations-22641756.aspx

Subject:  Re: Happy Dance Date:  6/19/2005  2:10 PM
Author:  MaryGoodnight Number:  3351 of 5068

Thank you for your post murray.

Congratulations to you! It is a great achievement, IMO.

Your post prompted me to do the same and now I can make the same milemarker claim.

It's my nature to downplay what we have (blame it on my raising!), so now that I can see it altogether, it's helping me decide where to next steer the ship.

We are also concerned about the future of healthcare costs and potentially false promises of pensions and SS, so we will keep working awhile, but there's a lot of satisfaction in knowing we could stop or make a break if we had to.

There's a poster around here with the screen name of FUMoney. I always laugh when I see that. Our nestegg is definitely FUMoney.

We've both been having a rougher time of it lately at work, so this helps keep things in perspective.

Both my husband and I left home after high school, paid our own way through college and graduate shool and repaid our school loans in full. Our careers did not begin to become lucrative until about 5 years ago and we are still considered "middle management"...so even after losing a bunch of $$ in 2000 stock market meltdown, to us this seems momentous.

ENJOY! MG

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us