The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Living, Coping, Improving / Soberfool

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/so-ho-did-i-start-to-stop-still-sober-well-it-22726005.aspx

Subject:  Re: Ssssh Date:  7/10/2005  4:54 AM
Author:  PurpleValentimes Number:  915 of 948

so ho did I start to stop?
(still sober)
well, it happened a few months ago, I got drunk as usual and had a MASSIVE hangover, migraine and I could not leave my bed for a day, I just thought it was a coincedence, but it happended the next week, now I only get 2 days off a week and I was spening 1/2 of them in my bed dying a death, something had to change.
SO I did my usual, gave up for a week and went back to it, then I spent another day in bed with a migraine, and this was the worst one ever, I thought I was dying man.
All this for what? A couple of hours drunk, a couple of hours away from my tedious life? No thanks, so this time I gave up completly, I am not saying its been easy but NOT thinking about it too much is what has got me thru this time, the last time I was counting the days and that just made me focus on the drink more.
So, its been a couple of months and I am doing okay, my only regret is not writing down the day I stopped drinking, but thats one small loss.
Notice something different? I am awake on a Sunday morning, that NEVER happened before!

:-)

~V~
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us