The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-rhodnius-i-appreciate-it-im-still-22756469.aspx

Subject:  Re: Take Charge America Date:  7/16/2005  5:11 AM
Author:  hwkncat Number:  208404 of 308855

Thanks, Rhodnius :-) I appreciate it.

I'm still struggling to get past the budget step. I have an informal budget in my head, with the most important items obviously being nonnegotiable about payments (ie mortgage).

Things did not hit crisis stage until I had an emergency car repair that was 800.00 out of pocket(Amex) about a month ago. Because I have not been able to build up my emergency fund past a few hundred dollars, I had no backup plan to pay for the repairs. So money that would have gone to other bills went to the repair instead, and others got shuffled back.

I have several smaller bills about 4-500 dollars that I keep thinking if I can just wipe them out, that money can go toward other bills.

But the 900 pound gorilla was I went overboard trying to outfit the house after I bought it in 2001. Things have been slowly creeping up since then. Also older daughter has braces now to the tune of 155.00 a month. *sigh*

hwkncat
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us