The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/another-thing-to-remembermany-credit-card-22790393.aspx

Subject:  Re: Take Charge America Date:  7/23/2005  6:29 PM
Author:  czbill Number:  208717 of 308858

Another thing to remember....many credit card companies will take a lower payment as settlement. I did this with Bank of America when they jacked up my rate HIGHER than a prepaid credit card, if you can believe that.

I got so ticked at their credit card division, I liquidated all my accounts, and used my business account to liquidate my credit card payment, plus other funds. I saved 2 grand, and numerous headaches.

A fun thing to do with credit officers is go to www.hoovers.com, and look up all the salaries (and bonuses) of the corporate officers.
I happen to be a research geek, and told BofA I would call everyone of them EVERY DAY to get this rectified. While the deskjockey was not impressed, I guarantee you a VP (and especially higher officers) get jumpy when you contact them personally. I have a pretty good way to get beyond gatekeepers, find email accounts of senior ppl, etc.
Best done with a carrot-and-stick approach, stating you honestly want to resolve problem, but you are standing your ground if you feel trampled upon....

Moral: no one is unreachable, everything is do-able with persistance.
cheers,
--czbill
*who never succumbed to 'you can't fight city hall'*
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us