The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / BuyandHold.com

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-starvingartist-a-couple-of-points-on-your-22807217.aspx

Subject:  Re: A Disgruntled (now former) Customer Date:  7/27/2005  4:35 PM
Author:  DRTURKEY Number:  4933 of 4956

Hi Starvingartist :) A couple of points on your post: 1) The name Turkey is a pet name from my wife and not a derogatory term. The DR is because I'm a physician. 2) I'm pretty new to posting on these boards with this being my sixth post so I may not be aware of all rules of etiquette in posting. 3) In addition to my Fidelity IRA account, I also have a taxable account at Buy & Hold which I opened in July 2002.

4) I have never tried to do this, so I was not aware that you could transfer an entire portfolio intact from one brokerage account to another. I thought that you had to sell all the stocks and transfer just the money. My comments on this were based on my lack of knowledge. 5) My intention was not to be critical of your post and I certainly did not mean to impugn your intelligence. I was just trying to give a different perspective to other readers. 6) Friends ?? :) :) DRTURKEY
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us