The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Treasury Direct for 89 Year Old? Date:  8/3/2005  4:40 PM
Author:  Hawkwin Number:  47134 of 88505

I would instead consider a better muni fund of the same category. Try NHMAX or ORNAX. Both have significantly better performance and much less volatility.

Sales charges are much like tax when you figure a return. If you can get a consistent net higher rate of return from a muni, then go the muni route. There is no sales charge on any reinvested dividends and capital gains on a mutual fund.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us