The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Lasik Eye Surgery; Worth It?

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/namaste-penny-interesting-that-you-used-that-22949312.aspx

Subject:  Re: High Prescription-ICL Anyone? Date:  8/27/2005  4:11 PM
Author:  AeroFool Number:  39 of 43

Namaste Penny,

Interesting that you used that greeting/saluation as I am originally East Indian!

Good to hear from you. I made the switch from regular soft lenses about 15 years ago to gas permeable hard lenses. I wonder if this might be a good option for you? Basically my prescription was very high and I tended to wear my custom toric soft lenses for at least 16 hours a day and eventually blood vessels developed and my doctor recommended the switch. The gas permeable lenses improved my prescription slightly - due to the effect of 'holding my eye' in, I believe and thereby affecting the shape.

The transition was a great one for me - it was difficult in the beginning because we had to experiment a little and eventually realized that the lenses needed to be larger in diameter to accomodate my larger (typically Indian) eyes. But once we did that I loved them and have worn them ever since. They allow your eyes to quite literally breathe since oxygen can flow through them (gas permeable).

Have you looked into them before?

Namaste,
-AeroFool

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us