The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-replies-i-feel-a-little-better-23020079.aspx

Subject:  Re: Emergency Fund Question Date:  9/12/2005  4:42 PM
Author:  mew5280 Number:  210622 of 308481

Thanks for the replies! I feel a little better now, though I wish I had no debt. I do have an annuity IRA with $3500 in it still. And I actually have 1000 in savings right now. As I mentioned, I was unemployed for 4 months and 3 weeks ago started a contract job so I had that money as a cushion in the bank.

The biggest issue right now is a permanent job. I have a few options in the works but waiting for a solid offer. My contract firm has a no matching 401K and one company that might make me an offer has the same thing, no matching, thus that question.

I think I will just start paying down the debt. The contract job will allow me to start but a perm job will make it a little easier. I'm dying to start saving again. I was just starting out in investing a few years ago when the economy knocked me off my feet.

Thanks again...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us