The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-just-had-this-happen-with-chase-when-i-was-23020473.aspx

Subject:  Re: Insurance on the cc balance Date:  9/12/2005  5:33 PM
Author:  reddames Number:  210628 of 308722

I just had this happen with Chase when I was activating my new card. (Replacing 18.99% with 4.9% - but that's another happy moment.)

He would NOT stop. I am extraordinarily good at saying no. Finally, I told him, "I work for XXX, the world's largest insurance broker. We have a terrific new product out where you can combine all of your long term care policies into one easy monthly payment while providing you with outstanding benefits and coverage. May I send you some information?"

He said no.

I then said, "But why wouldn't you want our long term care policy? Don't you think you might need it someday?" (The exact words he used to me.)

"No."

"Really? Why not? What could possibly be your reason for turning down this fine product?" (Again, a direct quote from Mr. Annoying.)

He then told me my card was activated and hung up.

I'm going to get a My Little Pony this weekend and keep it by the phone, though.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us