The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Closed End Funds Date:  9/24/2005  8:53 PM
Author:  Wradical Number:  80836 of 127549

A closed-end fund (exchange-traded fund, or ETF)is subject to the same rules as an open-end fund (the majority of mutual funds), to be treated as a regulated investment company (which is the tax code's name for mutual funds).

I don't know why Turbo Tax would care, or want to group them separately.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us