The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/re-how-long-i-plan-to-stay-in-the-house-well-23079290.aspx

Subject:  Re: When to Refinance Date:  9/25/2005  8:09 PM
Author:  mew5280 Number:  90648 of 127258

RE: How long I plan to stay in the house... Well, I bought this house as a single person and got married last year. Together this is not our house. We wanted to sell and move this summer which is when we found out what we thought was a $260 valued home (that's what the appraisal said) was only $215 (according to two different realtors) which mean we would have no equity to buy if we moved so we are relegated to sticking it out awhile. Thus all the "mulling" :)

I have been employed on and off since 2003 and have not yet found a permanent job, but am contracting. That will have a lot to do with everything. I have turned down several offers recently because the salaries were really low AND the jobs were not what I wanted. I need to find a place that looks solid so I can stay there awhile.

To be honest, we feel kind of stuck here. We're just waiting it out until we can afford to sell and move. I agree with you that I would be giving away 12K (or more) if we were to sell now.

Thanks for your replies. I think paying off the CC debt will do me a world of good, working hard on that one.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us