The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/when-i-left-fhp-in-california-i-was-told-on-a-23169800.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Career crisis Date:  10/15/2005  4:05 PM
Author:  Crosenfield Number:  212578 of 308232

When I left FHP in California, I was told on a Friday that my services would no longer be needed, and was at work in Wisconsin a week from the following Monday. I'd done locums before and had some contacts. It was necessary for them to check references, and get me a Wisconsin license, which involves passing an open-book test on Wisconsin law as it applies to the practice of medicine (200-page book came with the test). You can bet there were a lot of Fed-Ex packages that flew back and forth, and of course the 3 days it took to drive from Anaheim to Madison. You could call a locum company in Atlanta before you go to work on Monday, taking advantage of the time differences. Or leave a message and ask to be called at an hour that is convenient for you. They will. You don't even have to go for an interview. The paperwork is daunting, but you only have to do it once per agency.

Best wishes, Chris
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us