The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/greetings-arr-thanks-so-much-for-the-vote-of-23170067.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Career crisis Date:  10/15/2005  6:12 PM
Author:  xraymd Number:  212585 of 309665

Greetings, ARR, thanks so much for the vote of confidence. The problem is not so much with shorthand (since I am already fast in paper documenting). To me, it is the byzantine number of modules I have to distribute data among, each in its persnickety little format, and the overall showstopper is the requirement to have a code for every diagnosis before the program will even let me MOVE FORWARD to the module that captures the visit and closes it out. Heaven forfend if I forget something for then I have to re-open the program and start over again! It amounts to data input paralysis. When I could simply WRITE, on a SINGLE SHEET OF PAPER, the essentials of the visit (without hunting and searching and click click clicking to find what I need the moment I need it), it was do-able in 15 minutes. And let me also remark that the 15 minutes I refer to includes the amount of time the medical assistant has to take the vitals and the chief complaint. Then the way the system works i