The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/from-what-i-read-it-seems-like-youre-slower-at-23170144.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Career crisis Date:  10/15/2005  6:54 PM
Author:  rozina Number:  212588 of 308428

From what I read, it seems like you're slower at using EMR because you're not "cheating" and reducing/omitting data input the way other doctors are doing.

Electronic records do seem to be the way things are headed. Perhaps not the software system this practice has chosen, but I think you will have to adapt to computerized record keeping at some point.

This job may well be over. With your description of events it's clear you don't feel like a valued and respected collegue. Get your info together for the job search.

In the meantime, make a committment to yourself. You will do the EMR with the patient in the office. If that means having to have a 30 minute or 45 minute block per patient instead of 15 minutes, then that's the way it will have to be for awhile. With you taking the work home with you, only you feel the pain. The pain has to be felt by your collegues before their best interest becomes your best interest.

You are clearly not computer illiterate. If the interface has you stumped, apologize to the patient who will probably totally related. Ask the practice to call the rep that sold the them the system and see if they have someone who can come shadow you for a day. Hey they have reps in the operating room showing doctors how to install the newest do-hickey inside a patient; they must have someone who can come over and help you get around the blocks in the software.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us