The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/greetings-pinelevel-i-did-not-know-how-medicine-23170226.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Career crisis Date:  10/15/2005  7:34 PM
Author:  xraymd Number:  212595 of 308782

Greetings, PineLevel, I did not know how medicine was done in the days of old (though I've heard tell that there was indeed far more time to LISTEN to a patient). The bureaucracy of medicine is not new, either. But the manner in which it is getting implemented is not, in my estimation, logical - there is a "prestige" to saying that we are 100% EMR. But somehow that trumps the decisions about whether it makes SENSE for every physician to do this once proven that it has a negative impact which is mystifying at best. How could it possibly have benefitted the practice to lash me to this schedule? It's just created a burned-out, alienated physician. Should I leave, a lot of my patients are going to be forlorn (they will be offered slots with the other docs but I am the only female MD in the practice and certain of my patients are there because of that). And the practice has had trouble recruiting other physicians for a myriad of reasons. There is no doubt that they will replace me without ultimate duress, but why it has had to reach this point just does not make any sense at all.

xraymd
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us