The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/greetings-set-what-a-nice-response-the-system-23170264.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Career crisis Date:  10/15/2005  7:51 PM
Author:  xraymd Number:  212600 of 308847

Greetings, Set, what a nice response! The system is not customizable in the way you describe. I only WISH it had a voice-recognition capability because I dictate every day in the hospital and am fast enough at that. There is no free text capability, either. Trust me, when I am on a rock for a zebra of an ICD-9 code, I am ON A ROCK.

There was at least one med student in my class from the States who decided to stay in Quebec and practice. How she got through the mandatory French language exam, I will never know - that would have stopped me in my tracks right there (have posted about same on the Living Below Your Means board). But I do say that I loved training in Montreal and feel like the hands-on medicine I learned was taught in an exemplary fashion there, plus I have deeply fond memories of living there and of several of my patients and instructors during that time.

I am drawing great hope from all who have responded to me that this demand on me has been an aberration and that something else good is BOUND to happen. No matter how down I've been over the past few months (have not wanted to go into it much before now), it is so HEARTENING to get so many supportive responses. You guys are just the greatest!

xraymd
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us