The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

Subject:  Re: OT: Career crisis Date:  10/18/2005  12:06 PM
Author:  RkeFool Number:  212783 of 310153

On the EMR, I must open the patient visit, go to the specific module intended to capture chief complaint/history of medical illness, put the individual complaints into their individual boxes (the medical assistant does some of this), put the vitals into a different module into their individual boxes, go to the review of systems module and click off each little box regarding Normal or have to open yet another module to detail any abnormal review of systems, go to the physical exam module and click on each little box similarly to the review of systems module - and every time I answer that something is not Normal, yet ANOTHER box pops up asking me to further detail the degree of abnormality which I have to answer or close, then I have to go to the Assessment module to search the ICD-9 database for every single diagnosis I wish to document (when I know the codes it's easier but when I can't find them it's a showstopper because the program WILL NOT PROCEED without ICD-9 codes for everything). Having spent time to find the codes, I then have to go to the Plan module to say what I am doing for each diagnosis, then I have to go to the Rx module to put in every single prescription (each time having to re-enter my password because it is not set up to allow me to input it once per session or even per patient) that I wish to print out - sometimes I can't even find the desired med when I search for it - then I have to go to the printer to collect all my scripts to sign. Then I have to go to the lab module to enter lab requests that I used to simply circle. Then I have to go to the imaging module to detail requests I have for imaging - xrays, CTs, mammograms, bone density scans. Then I have to encode the results of any EKGs I've done (can't just write it anymore on the EKG itself - have to ALSO do this). And this is just for urgent care visits. For Establish Care visits, I have not even